Smells Like Teen Spirit (Acoustic Mix) x Vanessa Stockard Cover Art
For the first time Australian based painter Vanessa Stockard has collaborated with internationally acclaimed vocalist and composer Amba Shepherd.
Shepherd’s release of ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ is a haunting acoustic cover of the original Nirvana masterpiece. Stockard’s pop, yet dark imagery, proved the perfect visual to compliment Shepherd’s beautifully melodious take on Kurt Cobain’s 90’s smash hit by the same name.
Both artists have the gift of creating emotive beauty and their collaboration was a natural fit. Stockard titled the piece ‘Prozac Donut’ and it depicts a contrasting red and blue iced donut .. on fire, a surreal and disturbingly lurid icon gleaming in the dark.
The implied 90’s popular anti-depressant of choice, Prozac, a blue and red capsule melds effortlessly in to a fast food favourite, the fire above symbolizing destruction and recklessness.
Shepherds angelic voice contrasts with the lyrics, forming an eerie and heart breaking combination, a remake worthy and powerful by its own merit.
- We ship worldwide!
- $9.99 flat rate standard shipping anywhere.
- Average fulfilment and shipping time is 11 business days.
- Depending on your order destination, you might have to pay customs fees.
- Estimated delivery time will be live at checkout.
- Music downloads are delivered immediately.
- We will happily replace any misprinted/ damaged/ defective items within 7 days after the product has been received.
- Unfortunately we cannot except returns or exchange for change of mind.
- Music downloads are not eligible for return or exchange.
If you have any questions just ask!
24 hour support contact: mail @ambashepherd.com